Nondestructive Testing (NDT) Internship
- Receive up to 80 hours of classroom instruction on NDT and pass required written examinations
- Become familiar with Carpenter NDT operations by completing mill equipment visits and providing written reports of observations
- Participate in continuous improvement and Lean activities focused on NDT operations
- Participate in audits of mill NDT operations
- Provide data mining support for NDT process evaluations and reports
- Research and report findings on new NDT techniques
- Learn the Reference Calibration Bar (RCB) certification process and complete pre-certifications
- Participate in the process to pin-point already detected anomalies and report results to technical personnel
- Student in junior or senior year enrolled in a technical curriculum (Engineering/Material Science) with a physics and math background. Candidate must possess strong soft skills, excel in problem solving and participate with team based training/solutions. Previous knowledge of NDT is a plus.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.