What you will do
Under minimal direction, is responsible for the sale of complex, large volume, integrated technology solutions to the Construction Market. Sells Johnson Controls' comprehensive suite of technology offerings, including Building Automation, Security & Fire, HVAC and Low Voltage systems. Promotes the Johnson Controls Building Wide Systems Integration (BWSI) value proposition to executive level construction buyers, including contractors, designers and owners by providing comprehensive technology solutions to support the customer's business and operational objectives. Builds and manages long-term customer relationships/partnerships with key and target contractors and designers with responsibility for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Leads and executes the strategic sales process in seeking out, qualifying and closing large and complex sales opportunities. Utilizes sales tools to plan and document progress and leverages sales peers to maximize the Johnson Controls technology portfolio in each construction opportunity. How you will do it
- Sells, with minimal supervision, the JCI offerings persuasively, persistently and confidently to building owners at the C-level while reaching optimal profit levels. Manages ongoing sales process, develops relationship, responds to and anticipates customer needs. Focus on a few projects while managing one to two at a time. Particularly focusing on selling HVAC Control Systems, equipment and building automation technology.
- Builds partnering relationships with the owner or owner representatives responsible for decision making to drive the system technology sales of JCI offerings. Actively listens, probes and identifies concerns. Understands the customer's business and speak their language. Demonstrates technical expertise and business acumen to develop credibility, loyalty, trust and commitment.
- Seeks out, targets and initiates contact with multiple contractors and consultants responsible for the decision making of systems purchases in new and renovated buildings. Develops network of contacts. Uses JCI Sales process within the construction development process to position JCI as only responsible and responsive provider. Demonstrates technical knowledge and a solution that matches the customer's project challenge to provide value to the customer and favorably position JCI. Qualifies and assesses potential customers. Refers leads to other business segments.
- Addresses customer's operational and environmental objectives, needs and requirements. Recommends solutions and links customer objectives to total value solution and competitive advantage. Applies knowledge of competitor's business strategies, control products and solutions to favorably differentiate JCI from them.
- Positively and credibly influences design and construction with contractors and consultants. Frequently creates competitive, high quality and timely estimates, bids, proposals, and cost/benefit analysis. Effectively writes, presents and communicates bids. Negotiates value, addresses resistance when demonstrated and closes the sale. Differentiates JCI as a total building environment supplier.
- Utilizes applicable sales tools effectively (SMIS, Account Management plan and website, Account Plan and TAS) to plan, communicates and documents progress as well as increase business opportunity in accounts. Leverages JCI sales process monthly checkpoints to gain progressive commitments from the customer. Manages process steps of the pipeline in SMIS with a focus on next steps, action items and milestone dates.
- Leads the sales team by building and fostering team relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff. Develops relationship with Solutions and Service sales organization to exceed customers' expectations. Owns and facilitates the customer relationship.
- Assists in the development of the team or Area Office Systems sales and marketing plans and strategies. Aides in the implementation of these strategies and action plans. Targets new customers based on vertical market strategies.
- Keeps management informed of progress and account status. Knows when to call for assistance from upper management to keep the sales process moving.
- Attends and presents at trade show. Participates in professional organizations
What we look forRequired
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related discipline required
- Five (5) years of progressive field sales experience at the C-Level.
- Construction industry knowledge required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, skills with a very strong drive
- Demonstrated ability to influence the market at key levels
- Ability to travel 50%
- Seven (7) years of progressive field sales experience at the C-level
- Experience in the Security, Fire Safety or HVAC industries
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.