What you will do
Fire Alarm Installation Apprentice is responsible for working in a team to complete the installation, of fire protection systems including: low voltage wiring and device installation for fire alarm, access control, security and suppression systems. Apprentices are also responsible for properly securing all Johnson Controls tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss. Apprentices are required to complete on the job training each week for the duration of the 4 year apprenticeship program.
How you will do it
- Applies judgment based on practice and precedence.
- Must be willing and able to follow directions when given.
- Must be able to think ahead and keep the momentum of the task moving forward without direction.
- Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
- May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
- Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be comfortable working from heights.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
- Positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
- OSHA/MSHA/NICET Certifications
Who we are:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .