What we look for
- Electrical experience, specifically in the commercial industry.
- Familiarity with applicable codes (i.e. NFPA 72. NFPA 70)
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Detail oriented and strong problem solving skills
- Have a working knowledge of test equipment including multi-meters, digital analyzers, frequency meters decibel meters, and communicating devices.
- Installing, servicing, fire alarm systems and security systems for a large, premier service entity preferred.
- A minimum of three years of related work experience
- Knowledge of major fire alarm and security equipment brands a plus, (e.g.,EST, Notifier, Gamewell/FCl, Firelite, Radionic/ Bosch, Ademco, NAPCO, DSC, Silent Knight, Honeywell Access, Lenel, Software House, Kantech, American Dynamics). Simplex Fire systems a plus.
- State and/or local licensing a plus.
- NICET Certification(s)
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working in ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Familiarity with applicable codes.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record
- Pass background and drug test
Who we are
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .