What you will do
As a critical part of the Tyco Integrated Security team, the Commercial Installer works onsite with our commercial customers to set up and program their Tyco Integrated Security fire and security systems. The Commercial Installer also dismantles and reconstructs equipment when necessary.
How you will do it
- Installs appropriate devices; dismantles and reconstructs equipment as required by customer or Tyco Integrated Security.
- Works safely and responsibly to avoid injuries, damage to property, loss of unused materials and cleans up installation debris.
- Contacts customers prior to the date of scheduled installation to verify schedule.
- Prepares estimates in accordance with prescribed instructions or directions of supervisor.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures.
- Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service.
- Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- May mange installation teams on larger projects.
- Coach and mentor less experienced installers.
What we look for
- A high school diploma or G.E.D.
- LEA License (Limited Energy Technician Class A) for the state of Oregon
- A minimum of 8 years electrical and electronic equipment experience with demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate fleet vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Some technical school training is a plus.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .