OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: This job involves the assembling of product orders for shipment to customers, including parts, units, specifications, literature as required by shipping instructions.
Basic computer knowledge a must.
Company is located on the NE side of 610 loop in Houston, TX.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
* Obtain work instructions from the supervisor or shipping manager.
* Work from written and verbal instructions, bills of lading, shipping papers, pick tickets and similar records.
* Operate hand trucks, carts, use simple hand tools, scales, stencils, postage meter and similar items.
* Assemble orders for shipment, count, weight and label according to shipping instructions.
* Check outgoing shipments against bills of lading, pick tickets, shipping orders to verify items for shipment.
* Review shipping papers, bills of lading and other records to determine shipping priorities.
* Pull orders per shipping pick tickets
* Complete bills of lading, shipping papers and other records as required using company computer system.
* Stamp, stencil or attach identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
* Detect faulty operation of equipment, incorrect orders, items or counts and refer questionable situations to the supervisor.
* Maintain work area, material, tools, and equipment in a neat, orderly and proper housekeeping manner.
* Observe and comply with company work and safety rules.
* Perform these and other comparable related duties as instructed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Exposed to heat, noise, fumes, paint, toxic or caustic chemicals, grease, oil and dirt.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to use basic math including fractions and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Requires the use of judgment to comply with instructions and perform work routines involving incoming materials, check accuracy and verify amounts within the limits of recognized or standard methods.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Over 1 year up to and including 3 years' experience. Equivalent to 1 to 3 years applied trades training in a particular or specialized occupation.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend instructions including complicated drawings, blue prints, specifications, charts, tables and various precision measuring instruments.