The Ryerson difference:
At Ryerson Inc. we take pride in being an industry leader in metal processing and distribution. Since 1842, it has been our mission to provide our customers and communities with the absolute best in carbon steel, aluminum, stainless steel and more! Metal is the most essential and sustainable material on the planet and a part of our everyday life. As a member of the Ryerson family, you will support employees who provide metal to customers across industries that make things such as high-octane sports cars and trucks, electric vehicles, sports stadiums, luxury hotels, first responder/healthcare equipment, military, aerospace technology, props used on movie sets and even smart phones! www.ryerson.com
Be a part of history. Join our team.
Your career at Ryerson will offer meaningful work, competitive rewards and an engaging workplace. We provide extensive training, development and professional advancement, and you will find meaningful opportunities to contribute to the success of the company. Ryerson is looking for individuals who exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, a passion to challenge how we do things, and the confidence and aptitude to improve them. Our people come from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and we believe in promoting from within, as well as providing the resources for long-term career development.
What's in it for you at Ryerson?
* A career with purpose and impact!
* Over 100 transferable Ryerson locations throughout North America
* Three weeks of vacation, paid sick days, and holiday pay
* Company 401k contributions plus employer match
* Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance available Day 1
* Health and wellness programs
* Tuition Reimbursement
* "Ryerson Gives Back" to our local communities
* Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
* Growth potential into leadership roles
* and more!
Primary responsibility is operation of equipment. This may include (job dependent):
* Daily machine operation to produce parts to customer specifications
* Truck loading/Unloading
* Proper completion of paperwork for shipping/receiving
* Ability and willingness to train others in work cell or functions
* Pulling and staging feedstock for production orders
* Ensuring size, material finish, and accuracy of the finished goods
* Breaking down bulk bundles for customer specific orders
* Packaging of material to customer requirements
* Staging of material for shipping
* Operating a crane to move material as needed
* Operating a forklift or side loader to move material as needed
* Conducting daily prestart inspections on all required equipment/machine and identify any issues
* Work order confirmation on computer
* Carrying/moving supplies as needed
* Maintaining good housekeeping
* Working in a safe manner as outlined during training and use prescribed safety equipment including PPE
* Ability to safely execute job tasks to meet productivity goals
* Ability to identify and report workplace hazards to supervision; remedy identified hazards if within ability
* Ability to speak to and participate with Visual Management Boards (if applicable)
* Other miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
* Regular attendance, including being on time and ready to work at assigned start time
* Ability to work assigned overtime, at times with short notice
* Candidates will be asked to complete the Ramsay Corporation Combined Basic Skills Assessment ("Assessment"). To qualify for this position, candidate must attain the minimum raw score in each of the four categories of: Reading = 8, Arithmetic = 7 (if candidate scores 3 or higher, (s)he remains eligible for hire and must successfully complete arithmetic training upon hire), Inspection & Measurement = 6 (if candidate scores 3 or higher, (s)he remains eligible for hire and must successfully complete inspection and measurement training upon hire), and Process Monitoring & Problem Solving = 6.
* 2 - 3 years of experience as a skilled machine operator preferred
* Ability to navigate on a computer to find information, enter information when prompted and print as necessary.
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements exam for vision and hearing
* Physical ability to pass physical requirements for mobility and lifting requirements
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.