INVISTA's Seaford, DE site is inviting applications for the position of Site Technical Manager. Reporting to the plant manager, this position is a key site leadership role, driving strategic improvements through the application of our Market Based Management (MBM) culture and transformation. You'll lead a team that will create long-term value by utilizing industry best-practices, embracing new technologies, and transforming our approaches to creating superior value for our customers, community, and employees, while expediting the skill development of the shift-based personnel across the Seaford site.
The INVISTA Performance Solutions Seaford site is a world class manufacturing facility with ~ 135 employees and manufactures Nylon 6,6 staple fiber. This role will have (6) direct reports.What You Will Do In Your Role
- Be a servant leader and positive example of the MBM Guiding Principles including integrity, humility, respect, and transformation.
- Motivate and head a team of multi-discipline engineers and professionals, ensuring that the team is fully engaged and aligned with our vision and providing strategic leadership in driving best practices in EHS, Quality, and Staple Manufacturing.
- Steer team to develop short and long-term EHS and Quality objectives, targets, strategies and measures to eliminate/mitigate and prioritize risks while driving yield and quality improvements aligned with improving business profitability.
- Guide team in development and implementation of tools and governance strategies for anticipating and evaluating EHS and production risks while empowering front line supervisors and employees to make risk based decisions.
- Plan, develop and implement policies, guidance, work processes, and management systems to improve EHS, Quality, efficiency and overall site performance. Take ownership and accountability of compliance excellence, sustainable management systems, and the integration into the site work processes.
- Develop and implement measures with leading and lagging metrics to gauge/improve team and site performance.
- Regulatory Compliances - Ensure controls are in place to deliver flawless execution against our site's regulatory Permits and Administrative Orders. Perform government interactions and submissions within designated authorities.
- Develop working knowledge of OSHA standards 1910 and 1926, ANSI, and general industry safety standards as well as federal and state laws governing environmental compliance.
The Experience You Will BringRequirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety Related Discipline, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Business Discipline (ex. Accounting, Finance, Information Systems Management).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a supervisor/management position.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with cross functional teams, development of analytical tools, and managing programs.
What Will Put You AheadPreferred:
- Experience with pervasive wireless systems and Industrial Internet of Things (IIOT).
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Infor does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state in which you work. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.