Digital Marketing Product SEO Specialist
R.S. Hughes Co., Inc. is a dynamic, North American distributor of industrial supplies, specializing in providing quality products manufactured by trusted brands to businesses and customers--both locally and online.
Our Marketing & E-Comm Team (located in Salt Lake City, Utah) is a rapidly growing group of individuals with unique talents related to all facets of digital marketing and eCommerce optimization. As we continue to expand our capabilities and output, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Digital Marketing Product SEO Specialist to join our team.
In the role of Digital Marketing Product SEO Specialist, you'll be responsible for our online product catalog, product performance, and SEO best practices. You will work with our entire team on a daily basis to ensure data accuracy, improve product performance, and manage our online catalog, to connect R.S. Hughes with our customer base.
- Building dynamic and engaging web content
- Troubleshooting technical SEO issues
- Effectively communicating within our local team with outside staff
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the industrial supply marketplace and our product set
- Working closely with other team members to enact SEO tactics and long term strategies
- Create and maintain a user-friendly shopping experience
- Accurately add or change website product data to build or enhance enriched website product pages
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively to meet deadlines
- Learn and adhere to data governance requirements for creating product data
- Data management and manipulation using various tools including Microsoft Excel, custom scripts, SQL, etc.
- Assisting as needed with scheduled marketing tactics
- Handling other duties as assigned to support team and company success
- Manage multiple projects at various stages while achieving project deadlines
- Maintain company brand standards and ownership
- Collaborate with management, sales, development and other teams on wide range of projects
- Provide production support and other related duties as needed
- 1 year of SEO experience in a professional capacity
- 1 year of experience researching and optimizing keywords
- 1 year of experience managing ecommerce stores or product content
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other SEO tools (certification preferred)
- Degree in Digital Marketing, Business Administration, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel or similar
- Experience with database management and large dataset manipulation
- A working knowledge of SEO principles and foundations
- Proven track record of meeting project timelines and deadlines
- Experience writing and drafting long and short form web based content
- Be able to show commitment to excellence and growth on a personal, team and company level
- Able to receive and give constructive criticism and feedback
- Creative problem-solving abilities with a strong attention to detail
- Team oriented
Bonus: Intermediate knowledge of programming or scripting language(s)
* Note: This is an In-house Position Only*
Please apply online at and include salary history and link to portfolio work.
Keywords: search engine optimization, ecommerce, database management, product data, merchandiser