To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of electrical test equipment: Hi-pot probe, Multimeter, Amp Probe, Amp meter, Auto-test and associated probes/sensors, Flame probe, Charge equipment, Pressure gauges, HLD.
- Basic understanding of electrical principles, e.g. function of relays, capacitors, switches, voltage, current, etc.
- Knowledge of refrigerant systems: operating pressures, defrost, etc
- Knowledge of schematics; ability to read electrical diagrams.
- Mechanical listening skills; reversing valves, fans, spark igniters, etc.
- Ability to visually check units for fit, leaks, rotation and vibration.
- Brazing skills and certification is necessary in the repair of refrigerant systems.
- Line experience in multiple areas.
- Demonstrated quality background; ability to read bills and prints.
- Mechanical skills for test and repairs, e.g., heat system, fans, blowers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Very repetitive work, continuous standing, pushing, pulling, lifting and carry of heavy and/or bulk part required. Weight amounts may vary from 5 pounds to 50 pounds, any amount over 50 pounds requires physical or mechanical help. Arm strength and coordination required for use of pneumatic tools. Repetitive motion of hands, wrists, elbows and shoulders. Ability to raise arms above chest level and over head. Rotating of upper body to lift and position parts on units or conveyor line. Continuous visual and some close mental attention to details involved in assembling unit to blueprint specifications.
"Practice safe work and environmentally friendly behavior and participate actively in safety and environmental training. Maintain and use as required all personal protective equipment (PPE)and other safety equipment provided. Follow environmentally sound practices to help reduce pollution and conserve natural resources. Understand hazards associated with job assignments and alert supervisor/management of any unsafe conditions or environmental concerns immediately.".